REALTORS®: INDIANA HOUSING MARKETS OFF TO A STRONG START IN 2013
Statewide, January’s market activity and home prices better than last year
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) – The Indiana Real Estate Markets Report today released by the state’s REALTORS® shows that statewide, when comparing January 2013 to January 2012, the following occurred:
• The number of closed home sales increased 22.9 percent to 4,222,
• The median sale price of those homes increased 5.9 percent to $108,000,
• The average sale price increased 5.7 percent to $129,409,
• The percent or original list price received increased 1.8 percent to 89.9 percent,
• The number of pending home sales increased 21.2 percent to 5,140, and
• The number of new listings decreased 0.5 percent to 8,717.
The good news made last month is part of a larger trend; January 2013 marked the following consecutive year-over-year gains in home prices and market activity:
• The number of closed home sales has increased year-over-year for 19 consecutive months,
• The median sale price of homes has increased for 14 consecutive months,
• The average sale price has increased for 13 consecutive months,
• Sellers received a greater share of their original list price for the 11
This is great news and data for real estate in the entire state of Indiana. If you have been thinking of buying or selling a home in Indiana, contact me today for your free consultation.
This information provided by the Indiana Association of Realtors press release on February 25th, 2013.